that’s right. and they’re about as fattening as they sound. and definitely as delicious as they sound. but when it comes down to it, the only part that really matters is the delicious part, of course : ) .
coming soon is a recipe for the best homemade popsicles I’ve ever made- brown butter popsicles! as expected we needed to make lots of browned butter so we could have the little crunchies at the bottom for our popsicles… and boy did we have a lot of browned butter left over!
it made perfect use in my brown butter vanilla frosting recipe that topped these vanilla bean cupcakes.
so as much as one really does NOT need two brown butter desserts in one week, it just had to happen. and i don’t regret it!
print out the recipe and give it a try!
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/4 cups whole milk, room temperature
- 1 stick butter, soft
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp. Madagascar pure vanilla bean paste
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter, soft
- 2-4 tablespoons brown butter, soft
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- preheat oven to 350° F. Line cupcake pan with paper liners (I also used silicon ones too and they worked well).
- In a large bowl, sift all the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites and milk. Keep close by.
- Using a stand mixer or hand beater, beat the butter, sugar and vanilla bean paste for 3 minutes on medium speed until very light in consistency.
- Add 1/3 of the flour miture, and keep beating. Add 1/2 of the milk/egg mixture and 1/2 the remaining dry mixture. Keep beating until well combined.
- Add the rest of the milk mixture and mix until the batter is very smooth, then finally add the last amount of dry ingredients.
- Once the batter is fully mixed, continue to beat for 1-2 minutes to make sure it is completely blended and well aerated.
- Scoop batter evenly into 18 muffin cups, making sure each one is 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-24 minutes; check by inserting a toothpick into the center, making sure it comes out clean.
- whip butter, brown butter and vanilla bean paste in a stand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Continue beating and start adding in powdered sugar, about a 1/4 cup at a time until well blended.
- Finally add about 3-4 tablespoons of heavy cream and whip on high until you've reached the desired consistency.
- After cupcakes have cooled, generously frost each one.
- now try not to eat them all!
thanks to my baking addiction for the yummy cupcake recipe!
and thank you to my sweet friend Jordyn for your encouragement to get movin’ on this delicious recipe and gifting me with super cute cupcake liners, a new teaspoon set, and my (yes, first ever!!) own jar of Pure Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste!
do you have some brown butter waiting to be used in a recipe? try this one- i’m sure (and i bet my family could tell you also) you will love it!