around my house, deviled eggs are a favorite. dad is the king of making deviled eggs, so I don’t exactly know how mom and I managed to make these with out him sneaking into the kitchen!
I am very proud to say, however, that he loved them! and so did lots of people at our family beach picnic! I was up against tough competitors though… mom made amazing sriracha avocado ones. and, our friend Lauren made her classic style deviled eggs!
they all turned out so good.
here’s the recipe!
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard (or to desired flavor)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp smoked coarse ground salt (plus more for garnish)
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp ancho chile powder
- ground black pepper
- Smoked Mullet, for garnish
- Prepare eggs ( hard boil , cool and peel) and slice in half lengthwise. Remove yolks and place in medium bowl. Place whites on a large serving platter.
- In bowl with yolks, add mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, and chile powder. Mash together well until desired consistency.
- Depending on how you like your filling, you may want to add more of either seasonings or mayonnaise/ mustard.
- Pipe the filling into the egg whites and sprinkle with smoked salt. Top with a good sized piece of Smoked Mullet and serve!
i actually think this a new favorite of mine.
what’s your favorite deviled egg recipe? leave a coment below so i can try it!
Follow my blog to see more!